top of page

Things I wish I knew as a new real estate agent!

Congratulations on obtaining your real estate license! As a newly licensed real estate agent, you are probably receiving a flood of messages, emails, calls, and postcards. Today, I want to share some valuable insights that I wish I knew before I got my real estate license. Whether you are just starting or considering becoming an agent, this blog post will help you avoid some common mistakes and set you up for success. Let's dive in!





1. CRM and Sphere of Influence:

One of the first things you should focus on as a new agent is organizing your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and identifying your Sphere of Influence (SOI). Start by collecting contact information from friends, family, acquaintances, and social media connections. Your first deal is likely to come from someone you know, as people prefer to work with someone they trust. So, building a strong SOI and utilizing CRM will be vital for your success.


2. Personal Branding:

Developing your personal brand early on is crucial. Determine your target market, whether it's luxury clients, families, singles, military personnel, or any specific niche. Knowing your ideal client will help you tailor your marketing efforts and grow your business more effectively. Start thinking about your brand's colors, fonts, website, and online presence. Remember, you are the brand behind your business, so be intentional about how you want to show up online.


3. Social Media Presence:

Social media is a powerful tool for real estate agents. Create at least two social media platforms to showcase your expertise and engage with potential clients. Remember the 80/20 rule: only 20% of your content should be real estate-related, while the remaining 80% can be about your personal life, local events, hobbies, and interests. This balance will help you build a genuine connection with your audience and attract more clients.


4. Brokerage Selection:

Choosing the right brokerage is essential for your professional growth. Do thorough research and interview with different brokerages to find the one that aligns with your goals and values. Look for brokerages that offer quality training, a supportive mentorship program, and a good fit for your preferred business style. Avoid getting lost in the shuffle by selecting a brokerage that helps you thrive as an independent business owner.


5. Limit Overwhelming Yourself with Classes:

While education is essential, avoid overwhelming yourself with too many classes without putting the knowledge into practice. Learn to balance theory with action. Implement what you learn and be willing to make mistakes. Real estate is a learning curve, and practical experience will be your best teacher. Focus on networking, building relationships, and honing your communication skills.


Bonus Tip:

As a real estate agent, you are an entrepreneur. Treat your real estate career like a business from day one. Establish your LLC, get a business account, and run your business with intention and focus. Set goals, track your progress, and continuously refine your strategies to achieve success in the industry.


Remember, real estate is a rewarding profession, but it requires dedication, hard work, and the ability to adapt. By avoiding these common mistakes and adopting a proactive approach, you can position yourself for a thriving and fulfilling career in real estate. Best of luck on your exciting journey ahead!


Thank. you for being here!! Leave a comment if you wish you knew these things or if you need help as a new agent!!

SHARE ALLEN - REALTOR



Comments


bottom of page